Monday, November 3, 2008

Anxious learning





So....while I anxiously await my photography class in March with Carin Davis, (that seems like FOREVER away!) I have been trying to learn some things on my own by reading books and looking on line for tips. I have recently gotten into digital scrap booking and while on their web site for tips I stumbled across a FREE online photography class. I started the first lesson today and learned about the rule of thirds and the "Golden Mean". They also went over abstract photos and getting real close to an object to see all the detail, even sometimes so close you may not know what the subject is. Well, here are a few of my test shots after my first lesson. I think my favorite is the yellow flower. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Flash Jorgensen said...

I like the grass (that's what that is right?) I like the "leading lines" (you'll hear that term a lot). Good work! The way to get pictures bigger on your blog is to change the HTML codes. I haven't figured out how to put a cute background behind it, but I like being able to make them bigger more than having a cute background. If you want I could walk you though what parts to change. Just call me.

Flash Jorgensen said...

Now that I look at it, it's not grass maybe a plant. In any case, it's still my favorite and IT"S GREAT!!! You're doing awesome already. I have to hand it to you, I have a hard time with the books. It's so much easier for someone to just show me and I follow along and learn it that way.